I have been making New Year’s resolutions on this site since we started doing this in 2009. And I’ve accomplished some amazing things based on past resolutions: I threw out that old, disgusting Tupperware in 2010, and I have not feathered an edge in months.
With that, here are some promises Shea and I make to you for 2012:
- We will learn about platypuses—web-footed, venomous, egg-laying mammals that they are.
- We will embrace new media. Learn about it. Talk about it. Use it.
- To my wife’s chagrin, I will at least triple the size of my collection of Major League Baseball ice cream sundae helmets.
- We will get a pet platypus.
- Shea will finally call Cy Sperling to see what can be done.
- We will not place photos in compositions at random angles (and certainly not with drop shadows).
- We will introduce a new word to the English lexicon: platypustastic.
- We will use that extra day in February to its fullest potential.
- We will become huge hockey fans. I will root for the Philadelphia Flyers because I grew up in Philadelphia and I am still connected to that community through family and frequent visits. Shea will root for the Montreal Canadiens because they have the most championships and that’s how he picks his teams.
- We will start a podcast. A platypustastic podcast.
Happy new year!